The strategy to unite consumers with basketball culture worked. There were close to 7 million views of “The Encore” across three live streams on Twitter, as well as a 92% increase in Jordan Brand mentions compared to the previous month and a 50% more efficient CPI than category benchmarks.3 “The Anthem” film also drove +354% in positive sentiment through First View compared to the week prior.4
“The Last Dance” was a watershed moment in culture. It gave basketball fans a reminder of the greatness of Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls of the ’90s. For Jordan Brand, it gave it the perfect opportunity to connect to a cultural moment and through “The Encore” give sports-starved fans even more of His Airness.
1. Twitter internal, US, April/May, 2020
2. Sparkler, commissioned by Twitter, Twitter as a Stadium Survey, August 2020, USA
3. 1) Brandwatch, April 2020 mentions of #jumpman OR @Jumpman23 compared to May 1-24, 2020 mentions in the US;
2) Q1 2020 Twitter benchmark for retail app installs
4. Sentiment on May 17 & 18, 2020 for @Jumpman23 OR #jumpman compared to daily average of the 7 days prior, Brandwatch, US